11.04.2009

A Red Ryder BB Gun... With a Compus in the Stock

Dear Sandy Claws...
What I really, really want for Christmas this year (aside from money, of course) is the following:

*also note* For most of these items, feel free to purchase at the Goodwill or any second hand store. Except for the socks. I want those new. And my birthday is exactly two weeks from Christmas, so if you miss the Deck 25th boat, you got another shot! So lucky!


Really warm wool socks
...because my house is so effing cold.
Price Point: About $10... unless you can knit.

Old-timey metal TV trays
I would like the larger ones- but I'd also take the kind you can eat breakfast in bed with. This is one of the things that I don't need new. Just in decent shape, as I can always re-do the tops. On second thought, if I am going to Montana for Christmas, better just let someone in Seattle get me this for my birthday or something.
Price Point: Used- $5 new $15-30. I would like 2.

A record player
It can be purchased used, as long as it works and has a functioning needle. Again though, maybe not the best thing to try and bring back on a plane with me. I guess it depends on the size.
Price Point: Used- $30-$50 New- $70-100

A new phone
Preferably this one... wink, wink, father... how about for my birthday? A model similar perhaps? Okay, this is really my luxury item on this list (well, I guess TV Trays are as well, sort of), but a girl can dream. A girl can dream.
Price Point: $100 (and monthly service would change slightly).

A big plastic drinking cup
Okay, I know I can easily get this at any thrift store or a 7-11, but that is not the point. The point is, so can you! For me! Crap, you can even just give me one out of your cupboards for all I care. These over-sized promotional drinking cups are great for bed time. Anyone who has one knows what I mean. I once had one really good bed time plastic cup, but Hoku stole in a few years ago.
Price Point: Free dollars - $1.00 (or if you get a drink, consume it, and then wash out the cup, it is like, less than free dollars, almost as if I was giving you a gift).

The movie Man of the House
Judge at your leisure. I don't care. It doesn't even have to be on DVD. In fact, I think I'd rather it be on VHS. I've searched high and low at all of the thrift stores imaginable for this movie, it is impossible to find. I mean, who really wants to watch it anyway? It sucks. So one would think there would be a bajillion copies floating about. Nope. No there are not. But for me, it's a gem. And I want it.
Price Point: $7 used $10 new probably $0.25 on VHS.

Whitening Strips
This is my vanity item on this years Christmas list.
Price Point: $20-25

A red cardigan
I need more color in my wardrobe. Size medium.
Price Point: $20-40 new $8-15 used

Total cost of my birthday and Christmas Combined: .High estimate: $316 pre-tax $$
.Low estimate: $184 pre-tax $$
Divided by 2 holidays, divided by multiple people. CHEAP!

Mom, dad, grandparents, lovas... I made a registry online at this link View MyGiftList. Mostly, I don't want 10 copies of Man of the House. It will remind you of price points, along with some websites and pointers on where to find these items.

Love,
Whitney, whose been pretty good for part of this year.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4.11.09

    Whitney,
    Your covered on the socks, that was passed on to a relative, and the rest of the junk I can handle, if your dad gets you a phone the rest is taken care of and didn't you ask the past two years for whitening strips?? you never asked us what we want

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahah, I have asked for whitening strips for the past two years! And I didn't ask because you just have to tell me. No one asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year- I just made a list to let everyone know in advance. So what do you want?

    Oh, and the phone is covered if I get a job according to my father.

    ReplyDelete