11.03.2009

Why I'm Secretly an Old Man

I have come to the realization that I am probably just an old man in disguise. Perhaps even Mr. Rogers. Here are some reasons why:

-I like wearing cardigans.

-I like flat, brown oxfords.

-I enjoy records more than CDs.

-I have an AARP card.

-I am legally blind with out my glasses.

-My unemployment makes me feel like I am in retirement.

-I have a plot and headstone already.

-I play gin and other card games on, more or less, a nightly basis.

-I use phrases that do not make any sense. Lauren, Garrett, or Mallory can attest.

-I have a life insurance policy.

-I listen to jazz and the blues.

-I like Worther's Original®™ candy treats.

-On occasion, I'll sit around in my bathrobe all day.

-I won't stop to ask for directions. Ever.

-I am obsessed with TV trays right now and am searching high and low for a metal set of my own.

-I drive a Chevy.

-Presently, my bangs are kind of like a comb-over.

-I can't remember anyone's birthday.

-I want warm wool socks for Christmas.

-I like complaining about young people.

Conclusion. I'm an old, widowed man trapped as a cute 20-something female. Now, if only I can find a cute 20-something male who acts like an old woman- who will cook and iron for me... I'll be in heaven.

1 comment:

  1. you're just a hipster girl ;-p

    true true i was always the one who had to ask for directions when we went anywhere. wasn't i?

    i didn't know you like vinyl records.

    ReplyDelete