8.24.2010

Why Yes, I Owned That

Here are some things I have owned in the past that I will admit to owning, regretfully or not.

Tattoo Jewelry


In Particular, the neck choker kind. I preferred to wear black or brown for the more natural "earthy" neck accentuated look. And up until about a year ago, I think I still had some in one of my jewelry boxes from high school. It is now, more than likely, sitting at Value Village... still, should you want to bring this trend back into your very own wardrobe.

Tech Vest

Performance fleece, ooh it's fine! Let me also say that I had a dreaded pink tech vest. Let the records also further show that I wore said tech vest with a turtle neck. Jealous much?

Cat Made of Rabbit Fur

It even Purred! But it gets oh, so much better. I had two of these. In college. Given each by my father and mother respectively. Strangely enough, they were both black and white. Maybe you don't know what I am talking about, but if you have ever been in a mall during the holiday season during the past 10 years, you have probably seen these bad boys being sold at a kiosk. There were also the dog variety available, but I'm more into cats.

Neopet Account

Again, you may not know what this is, so let me inform you. Neopets was an online "gaming" community where you would create a fictional type of pet- somewhat mythical in looks. My pet of choice was a blue, alien cat named Rhapsodyinblue86 (as the regular rhapsodyinblue was taken). The object of this online world, was to go around collecting things and playing these really lame flash games to collect points so your pet could eat or could afford to buy fancy pet items. Unlike my tech vest, I know you are not jealous of this. Nor should you be. Ever.

Popples

As a kid, not only did I watch the Popples cartoon, but I also owned a few. Here was the great thing about Popples, they rolled up into a ball, which seems obvious, but here are somethings I found useful about this seemingly ordinary kid-toy trick: 1. They made for great ammunition at a younger brother. 2. You could hide secret notes or other toys or candy inside them. The same went for kitty/puppy/bunny surprise. Now is also a good time to mention my personal experience with my kitty surprise. My cat once had a litter of kittens, and I may or may not have put one of the baby kittens in the fake kitty surprises pouch and pretended that it gave birth to an actual kitten. I could have easily played this game with a Popple, but I didn't remember or think to do it until just now. Oh well.

Kevin Staley

What's a Kevin Staley you ask? Well, Kevin Staley was a kid in my science class who sold his soul, on a signed piece of paper, for a single Spree- the candy, that is. Yeah. I owned him. And yes, he wanted his soul back, but I had planned to give it to Becky, as her birthday was approaching. I honestly don't remember what I did with his soul. Meh. One should not be so careless. Please also note, that this is his actual picture I pulled off of Facebook. We are not Facebook friends.

A Voodoo Doll

I think I acquired this item in eighth grade form the local book store. I was never really brave enough to use it. Perhaps I should have combined owning Mr. Staley with this voodoo doll. Too late now, seeing as I have neither in my current possession.

1 comment:

  1. :) Hilarious! I love the part about Kevin! Cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete